WARRANTY INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE USE
AND MAINTENANCE OF VARNISHED LAYERS
Load-bearing surfaces covered with varnish are characterised by resistance to ongoing dirt (dirt from shoes, stains etc.). Our products are ideally protected but this does not relieve the user from the duty to perform maintenance works. The largest threat to varnished layers is sand under the weight of human body. Therefore, the maintenance of surfaces is of key significance in using the layers.
ANTIQUE PARQUETS products are ready for assembly and specially protected against adverse environment conditions. Humidity: 9±2%. Nonetheless, they should be protected against moisture, extreme temperatures and direct exposure to the sun. The board should be accommodated to room temperatures – depending on the season for 1 to 7 days (CAUTION: PACKAGES WITH BOARDS MUST NOT BE OPENED). Before assembly inspect the delivered material and notify the seller on any damage or irregularities. Assembling the floor with faulty material results in failure to recognise warranty claims. The condition for recognising a warranty claim is the assembly solely by a specialist parquetry company (assembly works protocols are required). Assembly works can be initiated when the temperature in the room oscillates between 18 – 22 Celsius degrees and at the humidity of 45 – 60%. Next, inspect the ground onto which the parquet floor is to be assembled. It should be solid, even, smooth, free of scratches and cracks, with proper humidity that allows for assembling wood (max CM up to 2% for cement surfaces). Resistance to detaching – minimum 1 MPa; resistance to compression – minimum 25 MPa. The manufacturer only allows for glues that are recommended by manufacturers of glues for prefinished varnished wooden floors. In floor assembly preserve expansion gaps at walls, doors or joining with tiles or terracotta. Floor assembly entails the application of proper floor chemical agents. It is recommended to obtain information from the supplier of floor chemical agents whether there are no contraindications against the application of such products.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN ANTIQUE PARQUETS PRODUCTS BE STORED (ACCOMODATED). STORING THE PRODUCT IN AN UNPACKED CONDITION CAUSES CHANGES IN WIDTH, HUMIDITY, GEOMETRY ETC. AND A LOSS OF WARRANTY.
Wooden floors are a natural and hygroscopic product that changes its properties together with changing conditions in the environment. Room temperature of 18-22 Celsius degrees and the humidity of 45-60% ensure the best conditions both for wooden floors and a man. Higher humidity leads to the swelling of wood and threatens with damage to the material; lower temperature, on the other hand, leads to drying and creation of smaller or bigger cracks. The working of the wood may be limited by preserving recommended conditions (e.g. by means of humidifiers in winter, air conditioners with a drying function in wet seasons of the year) but it is not possible to eliminate them completely. Natural work of wood and adjustment of the material to the surrounding conditions cannot constitute a reason for raising a claim.
Recommendations for ongoing and seasonal maintenance:
- Protect furniture with a system of felt pads, occasionally clean them from piling up dirt.
- Put specialist polycarbonate protective mats under armchairs with wheels.
- Apply a system for dirt catching (door mats e.g. before and after entering the facility / house). A properly designed doormat system should include 3 cleaning zones: roughing, intermediary and drying. In public use, the dirt catching system should include minimum 2.5 running metres of the cleaning passage.
- Always remove on ongoing basis sand and dust from the floor surface (vacuum cleaner, cloth, mop).
- For everyday cleaning use agents for varnished layers (e.g. L93 Everclear,L94). Purchase floor cleaning agents only in specialist floor selling salons. Avoid using generally available cleaning agents.
- While moving furniture, it should be borne, not dragged.
- During renovation works protect the floor against damage (e.g. with corrugated cardboard).
- Recommended room conditions: relative humidity should be preserved at 45-60% and temperature from 18 to 22°C.